I was minding my own business yesterday when things went sour -- fast. The worst part is that this strange funk (no, it's not the trash) has settled in with the cold that so rudely arrived at our front door with hundreds of turkey buzzards. I’m serious. Hundreds of buzzards came north over the trees in waves only to settle over our corner of the world. They circled higher and higher in large masses, much like schools of fish. I was transfixed, but without a zoom lens. I certainly didn’t hear Mother Nature’s whisperings of doom until the cold air hit me full in the face.The buzzards have since left, but it’s still cold. I didn’t think it was supposed to get cold here -- not like this. I thought that part of our past was over. Wrong.
If I could sing, I’d establish a Complaints Choir (http://www.complaintschoir.org/) in the
I’m wallowing, I know. I just need a moment or two that’s all.
Donald Sutherland’s character, Sergeant Oddball in Kelly’s Heroes asked, “Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”
I’m with Moriarty – “Crap!”
What I’m listening to: Complaints Choir of Birmingham
What I’m reading: Frommer’s San Francisco 2007