We went on a walk this afternoon. A black dog met us – tail curled and tongue wagging – and took the lead. Our paths eventually parted as he turned north to cross a footbridge guarded by angels. We turned west towards the setting sun.
Later, we went across the border with our neighbors for Mexican food. I’ve only been to two Mexican restaurants since our arrival. Tonight’s establishment is my favorite, but I’m sad the flavors aren’t anywhere near as enjoyable as those we enjoyed north. Strange...
I made my first batch of shortbread cookies tonight. Despite making up the recipe, they turned out great! Such moments in the kitchen – for better or worse – give me the necessary confidence to blunder my way through yet another baking/cooking attempt.
We watched the sky tonight for about 45 minuets – green tea in hand. In that time, I’d say we saw about the same number of falling stars. How cool is that?! I packed it in when a mosquito buzzed the tower though. Even in December – buried beneath layers of clothing and a blanket – the little bastards can still find me.
Finally, I’m off to
What I'm listening to: two men talking too long about the NBA
What I'm reading: Newsweek