Life has come in between me and my blog.
My brother’s graduation came with a horrible head cold, but a belly full of tasty Lebanese food. A winter storm just days before Christmas left random family members stranded from Baltimore to Honolulu and the phone lines burning. The actual holiday included a seriously battered father-in-law and the announcement of a future niece/nephew. A trip further west resulted in a much longer stay than expected because of some 25 inches (and that’s a conservative number) of snow and unbelievable wind. Returning home from the holidays only brought a positive pregnancy test (late August/early September), a husband puking his guts out (brought on by the flu not pending fatherhood [I think!]) and an ice storm.
I’ve slept away most of this weekend and I don’t feel even a little bit sorry about it.
What I’m reading: Will Leitch’s Life As a Loser
What I’m listening to: a football game