If it smells like the ocean, looks like the ocean, tastes like the ocean then it must really be the ocean!
We met A & D in North Carolina for a sandy respite. In addition to the shells we purposely packed home, we’ve since found plenty of grit among our belongings.
Alton didn’t take to the beach whatsoever. J & I will have to institute a Sand Exposure Policy prior to our return. I guess that means we’ll be going to the local hardware store for a bag of the gritty stuff seeing how much sand exists in Oz.
Despite Alton’s reservations about the beach, he was completely taken with A & D. In fact, the boy would purposely try to get his aunt and uncle’s attention – J & I just weren’t that interesting. He especially loved D’s airplane rides and A’s musical sensibility.
We had a fantastic time A & D! Thank you for inviting us to the beach and sharing your accommodations. Anytime you’re ready, we’ll meet you back at the Fish House Restaurant!