One year later, we're still busy, but busy in an entirely different zip code. We're now in our own home -- complete with a leaky mailbox. J is still busy with his job, I'm busy with my own position and Alton is discovering the world by foot.
* * *
Our household has had a rough go in October. Alton's battled one injury/illness after another and we're all feeling ragged -- very ragged. I can't even begin to explain how much we're looking forward to Alton's return trip to the farm this coming weekend. Grandparents rock!
* * *
J and I have been doing a lot of reading because of the boy's illness. I'm reading "Ender's Game" upon J's recommendation and he's reading one of my favorites -- "Outlander." We thought about playing a game, but J only wants to play Upwords. Thanks, but no thanks! He's spent the last several weeks challenging friends to games of Word Twist and the like. There would be nothing fair about our fight.