There's a fraudulent beauty queen on the loose. Somebody has been making appearances -- impromptu appearances -- with my girl's title. Strange...
* * *
The boy has been eating noodles on the farm this weekend. Apparently he spent Saturday night making tracks between bowls. Obviously we'll have to do a little noodling of our own when he returns!
* * *
With the boy out, we've had to make our own fun this weekend. Besides an evening with friends (aaahhhh...), we've watched a couple of films. Cloverfield was interesting, but unfulfilling. I liked the storytelling and graphics, but the main character just didn't do it for me. My opinion was only bolstered by the commentary after the film. I don't think J.J. Abrams achieved his objective.
We also watched Stardust. Clearly the story is meant for a young adult audience, but I had hoped more of the Neil Gaiman I love would shine thru. Maybe his voice was lost in translation from book to film. I should read and find out.
* * *
I'm looking forward to celebrating the conclusion of this election cycle. Cupcakes for everyone when Obama's finally in office!