Sunday, February 01, 2009

25 Things

While I’m too lazy to maintain my own Facebook account, I have enjoyed reading everybody’s “25 Things” thanks to J’s contacts. That said, here’s a list of things you may not know about me…

  1. At this very moment, I don’t know my parent’s current mailing address. Despite living on the same property for over 30 years, the state has changed their address again and I don’t know what it is.
  2. I haven’t been able to locate Alton’s purple crayon for several days now. This worries me greatly.
  3. The first (and only time) I have not shared a room with someone was my freshman year of college.
  4. I love Anchorman, but I like Semi-Pro thismuch more.
  5. J always has an answer (and he’s usually right).
  6. I took my first award winning photograph with 110 film.
  7. On a Greyhound trip to New Hampshire, I had three individuals try to “save” me.
  8. I travel with a rock hammer in my car thanks to my dad.
  9. I’m very reluctant to have Minnow move in with us.
  10. I watched a man rob a bank. This was the same man who entered the bank with me and stood directly behind me for the teller. I’m a big fan of direct deposit!
  11. My vision has improved for the first time in years – 20/40 in my good eye!
  12. One of my favorite photos of all time is of my brother laughing.
  13. Upon traveling to Alaska, I discovered I was afraid of bears.
  14. J and I first met in a Beat Poetry class.
  15. I have not and will not stay on the farm by myself.
  16. My first car was a 1979 Lincoln Town Car with powder blue velvet seats and an 8-track.
  17. I’ve shared the same bed (at the same time) with my sister and husband.
  18. I only lasted three days in front of a commercial oven – I’m not meant to be a professional baker.
  19. I’m obsessed with chap stick.
  20. I'll forever associate Neil Diamond with the scent of Pledge because of my mom.
  21. For a period of time, I fainted whenever I had my blood drawn or received a shot.
  22. I have hidden food from J before.
  23. My family briefly hosted a Taiwanese exchange student my senior year. The experience was educational at best.
  24. I’ve ridden a pig – multiple times.
  25. My sister and I want to grow into eccentric women like my dad’s cousins.