Sunday, February 01, 2009

YouTube and Alton

Our house is once again plagued by illness. Until further notice, just assume we’re sick. 

Alton had I have made a habit of watching episodes of They Might Be Giants Friday Night Family Podcast from 2008. We’re especially fond of the following installments:

 

 

The baby totally digs “Older” and does his best to harmonize with John and John.

As much as I love my son and TMBG, I wonder… Does Alton have amazing musical taste? Or, do I have the same musical sensibility as a 17 month old child? In the end, I don’t really care because he’s the only one I know who loves the band’s John Henry album as much as I do.

Another tradition we’ve established during our self-imposed quarantine this year is Pancake Saturday. I use my mom’s recipe and we freeze the leftovers to use throughout the coming week. Regardless of how poor anyone of us is feeling, nobody has yet to turn down Saturday’s breakfast.

Grandma’s Pancakes

2 cups flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

2 eggs

2 cups of milk

3 TBS sugar

4 TBS olive oil

1 shot of vanilla

Whisk well. Pour 1/3 cup batter on hot griddle and heat until bubbles form on the batter’s perimeter. Flip and heat again.